Thursday, October 25, 2012

Don't mind me, I'm not saying anything important anyway.

Dear Hotel Guests,

I would like to commend you on your listening skills. They are some of the finest I have encountered.

Guest: “Hello, how much is a room with the senior discount?”
Me: “The senior rate would be 99.00”
Guest: “Is that the senior rate?”

Your eye contact is amazing, and can truly convince the person you are conversing with that you really are paying attention.

Guest: “How tall is this building, anyway?”
Me: “The building is three levels. Would you like a second or third floor room?”
Guest: “Oh, the fifth floor would be great, thank you!”

Sometimes, guests even want to impress you and others by indicating that they really did pay attention.

Guest: “At what time does breakfast end?”
Me: “The free breakfast will be closing at 10am.”
Guest, to companion: “Cool! They said breakfast is all day and is added to the bill!”

Looks like with your impressive skills, they allowed you to skip those lessons in elementary school. Congratulations, let me go find my gold stars, because you earned it!

Sincerely,
Friendly Neighborhood Desk Clerk

No comments:

Post a Comment