Saturday, December 17, 2011

If pizza can be a veggie, it can be legal tender I say.

Dear Hotel Guests,

Easiest trade ever, "Hi, can we trade you a slice of pizza for a couple of paper plates and forks?" Not the most even trade I've ever heard of, but I'm in, no questions asked.

If we didn't always upgrade you already, we would not forget you the next time. Favoritism? Perhaps it is, but not without warrant.

Lesson learned? Bribe the clerks. Or if you don’t want to share your pizza, which we can completely understand, just remember, as much as we wish we had omnipotent power over all the inner workings of the hotel when you have problems needing tending, many things are entirely out of our control.

We do our best. But sometimes, just sometimes, pizza will give us the power to do things that maybe we couldn’t before. Miraculous, I know. And next time we see you on the arrivals list, we'll think "That's the guy who bought me a cupcake!" or "She gave me a gift card to the coffee shop." And we'll work our magic again.

Sincerely,
Friendly Neighborhood Desk Clerk

No comments:

Post a Comment