Sunday, September 16, 2012

Birthdays come but once a year. Every year.

Dear Hotel Guests,

If you want to book a room a week or so in advance, and it so happens the hotel is full, please do not be mad at me for this. I understand you love it here, but apparently so do tons of other people. I guess their love is stronger because they booked sooner than you. Shucks.

You’re a rewards member you say? Well then, let me kick out some wise soul who made reservations months in advance, so you, Last Minute Sally can have a place for a birthday getaway. You slam down that telephone because that just may jostle an extra room into existence.

If it’s someone you like enough to share a hotel room with, I think you should have put a little thought into their birthday more than a week before. But that’s just me. If you’d like to book for next year’s party I can help you out, we’re wide open then!

Sincerely,
Friendly Neighborhood Desk Clerk

No comments:

Post a Comment